Sunday, July 8, 2012

letters 5, 6 and 7

Letter five was one that made me nervous.  I'll explain.  I've been reading blogs for the last five years or so.  In the last two years, checking my Google Reader has become a part of my daily routine.  I have accordingly grown attached to certain blogs/bloggers.  The one who inspires me the most and whose posts I always anxiously await is Indiana Adams from http://www.adoredaustin.com/.  I feel like I know her (not in a creepy way, I swear) and I love her style and outlook on life.  No, I don't live in Texas, and her blog is titled for its capital city, but that doesn't stop me from devouring her blog posts as fast as she can write them!  So you see, my letter to her was a fan letter of sorts.  I felt like such a dork, gushing onto this card, my writing spilling over into the margins.  I sent it, though, and am just hoping that it brought a smile to my favorite blogger's face, however goofy it may have been!

Letter six needed to have nice handwriting, definitely.  I sent it to my mentor, Jordan Andreu, after all and she is one of the craftiest/most perfect people I know!  I used nautical stationery (two of my favorite things come together!) and squeezed as much writing into the tiny card as possible.  I know Jordan will appreciate my project and blog because she herself blogged when she was abroad in London and I was one of her most loyal followers!  :)  Ments, if you're reading this, I cannot WAIT to see you in a month-ish!

Letter seven traveled all the way up the East Coast from Florida (I was home for a weekend visit) to New York City, where my fashionable friend Michaela Trimble is interning this summer!  Michaela loves mail too; she got super excited when I asked for her address!  I used my new favorite nautical stationery again (I'm going to have to force myself to use something different for letter eight).  I wrote a sentiment in my letter that is so completely true-- that I was jealous of it!  Not only was this piece of mail in the wonderful, magical place that is NYC, but it was in the company of my fabulous friend!  If letters had feelings, this one had better be feeling appreciative for the amazing opportunity it has!

Stamp update-- My mom donated five Forever stamps to me yesterday.  Hooray for saving money on postage!

No comments:

Post a Comment